About Me

I got home today from the hospital. I am 6 years old and have 3 terrific older sisters - Faith, Bailey and Danielle. I have a great mom and dad. I am in the first grade at McKamy Elementary school in Carrollton. I love to play soccer and basketball. I hurt my knee and the doctor said I had to go to the hospital to get better. A bunch of friends came to see me at the hospital this week. I was in the hospital for 5 days. I took a fun ambulance ride to the hospital. I had surgery on my leg and I am feeling a lot better. It was neat to read all of your comments. Thanks for your prayers and cards!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thankful for God's timing



Chloe was feeling bad on Sunday with fever, sore throat, headache, we went to Acute Care Kids and they ruled out strep. She stayed home Monday with same syptoms. But by 1pm Chloe began limping and complaining her leg hurt where her bruise was and when I looked at her leg I knew something was not right. After calling her pediatrician I was informed that one of the doctors was out with the flu and they were so booked and backed up that they could not see her and then I called our orthopedic group and they were not able to see her so we went to Care Now. They quickly identified an infection from blood work and ruled out a break in her bone. The only thing we know is she bruised her leg a week ago on the playground at school. They gave her a shot and prescribed oral antibiotics. After a very restless night and Chloe getting sick 2 times throughout the night we looked at her leg again this morning, it had worsened. I called the pediatrician this morning and told them the findings from last night and they quickly said to be there at 10:15am. As soon as the doctor came in the room she said we would need to go to the hospital for IV antibiotics that oral would not touch this infection. She was able to call Childrens at Legacy and get her accepted and a staff doctor took over. We were admitted and they started the IV and then sent us down for Chloe to get a MRI with contrast. Chloe did great for being there an hour and a half. We got back to the room and ordered dinner. I was starving and Chloe was very hungry too. She did not feel like eating much today and I just didn't eat because we were just so busy taking care of business. Daddy (Mark) got here right before the MRI, he had considered cancelling a new business meeting and come with us but we told him to keep the meeting and come after. It was a good decision because it seems he got the business, and in these times that is great news and a great feeling. We have had visitors - Pastor Alan Hitt came and visited and prayed over Chloe. Chloe loves Alan and has since she was a baby. She still runs down the halls at church and jumps up and grabs him everytime she sees him. Cindy, Kirk and Audra Balsley brought Bailey and Faith up tonight. They brought a balloon and gifts which was fun for Chloe. We are thankful for God's perfect timing in all of this. Mark and I prayed this morning that whatever needed to take place that it would happen quickly and that is exactly what happened. We ask for your prayers for Chloe, that healing will come quickly that we all rest well tonight.
Posted by Mommy - Christie Wyatt

8 comments:

  1. Sweet dreams Chloe and Mom. Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that you are in our prayers! Kim had to have IV antibiotics when she was about your age so she knows what it is like. So we pray for a quick and speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you at the church! Much love. Be brave.

    Lindy Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and your favorite uncle wants you to get better real fast so you can go home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chloe, Mr. David and I are praying for your complete recovery! Just wanted to let you know we love you! Ms. Carla (Sunday School teachers) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you, Chloe. Isabel wants to come and visit you soon! We are praying for you. Ms. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grandma and Grandpa loves you SO MUCH, Chloe! We are hoping and praying that you can go home soon. Please get better before Valentines Day! We just wish we could be there with you.

    Hugs and kisses, Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  8. stop in the name of God! get well and tell that germ to Hit The Road Jack! We miss you and were praying for your "speedy recovery!!!

    Keep Smiling,

    Mr. Al and The Little Stars...Tony, Adam, Ariel,....you know the rest!!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete