About Me

I got home today from the hospital. I am 6 years old and have 3 terrific older sisters - Faith, Bailey and Danielle. I have a great mom and dad. I am in the first grade at McKamy Elementary school in Carrollton. I love to play soccer and basketball. I hurt my knee and the doctor said I had to go to the hospital to get better. A bunch of friends came to see me at the hospital this week. I was in the hospital for 5 days. I took a fun ambulance ride to the hospital. I had surgery on my leg and I am feeling a lot better. It was neat to read all of your comments. Thanks for your prayers and cards!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Like A Breeze


The procedure/surgery went great, like a breeze. (The picture with this posting is after the procedure and she is still asleep). Chloe had absolutely no apprehensions about it at all. She probably could have done it without mom, no problem. The staff joked with her and she felt very comfortable with them. They just administered anesthesia through her IV and it burned some as it went in, which she felt and teared up. She reached for me and then dropped back completely out in about 2 seconds, if that long. She was done and I was back with her in 25 minutes. She woke up about 5 or so minutes after that and said she was fine and rolled over. About 5 minutes later she did say her leg hurt so they gave her some pain medicine and she is doing great now and has had a popsicle and I just ordered her breakfast. She did feel dizzy when she stood up - that is from the pain meds.

So back to the procedure. They made a small cut and drained the abscess and then put a little tube in so it can continue to drain. They said it might stay in for a couple of days, which means we cant go home until they take it out. The liquid they got out was kind of clear, in which the doctor said was consistent with a strep infection. Sunday I posted that we had gone to Acute Care Kids and they did a rapid strep test that was negative, well they called last night and left a message that the culture came back positive for strep. The doctors today also said that if the abscess culture comes back as strep as they suspect by the way it looked that it probably got the seed from the throat strep. Crazy how those germs can spread. Also, I am noting to myself that this is the second time for Chloe that a rapid strep test was negative and the culture was positive. That has never happened to any of the other girls or myself. So again, note to self - to remember this little difference in our youngest.

We got a call last night from Faith and Bailey after they went to church and they told Chloe that she had a lot of cards that all the kids made her at First Kids. Chloe is very excited about seeing them today. Big sis Danielle is going to get them and bring them up soon so she will be busy looking at all those cards today.

We thank all of you who are visiting, sending messages, making meals, running the other girls around, making cards and praying. We are truly loved and blessed.

Posted by Mommy - Christie Wyatt

2 comments:

  1. Get well soon! We have you in our prayers. Love, Don, Cyn, Alison and Matthew Burr

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rowell family heard from the Burrs about precious Chloe being in the hospital and we want to send our biggest hugs and warm wishes. We're so glad you are feeling better. The pics are great.
    Love,
    Don, Lisa, Abby, Adam and especially Andrew :-)

    ReplyDelete