About Me

I got home today from the hospital. I am 6 years old and have 3 terrific older sisters - Faith, Bailey and Danielle. I have a great mom and dad. I am in the first grade at McKamy Elementary school in Carrollton. I love to play soccer and basketball. I hurt my knee and the doctor said I had to go to the hospital to get better. A bunch of friends came to see me at the hospital this week. I was in the hospital for 5 days. I took a fun ambulance ride to the hospital. I had surgery on my leg and I am feeling a lot better. It was neat to read all of your comments. Thanks for your prayers and cards!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Frustrations

Okay, you get the hear me vent a little bit.

I was so frustrated this morning. I asked the nurse when he thought the doctor would be by so I knew when to take a shower. He told me to take it right then, so I took a 3 minute shower, no kidding. The doctor came in and out and left the floor while I was in the shower. AAGH!!!!!

I went searching and asked for him to be paged, I asked what were the notes he made in the chart and guess what - no notes. Nobody knew anything and I was upset (not crazy but you know that feeling of anxiousness). The nurse here was like "they are busy and do rounds quick and then they go to clinic... and sometimes they dont call right back." I was not satisfied with that answer, so I called our pediatrician and the nurse there also was trying to make excuses saying "they might not chart until night time and yada yada "and I had to ask her to please let me finish why I called, because I also called about Bailey who is home sick with a really bad sore throat, headache and fever and since Chloe had strep I was hoping they would just call in something for Bailey. Right before our pediatrician called our nurse came in with an update, which made me feel better and he agreed that sometimes the communication could be a little better for the parents. Then our pediatrician called back and she felt the same way I did, that I should have had better communication and she did get me the answers I wanted. She also called in an antibiotic for Bailey. She also assured me that this is the best place for Chloe to be and that she would login and see Chloe's status. She was also frustrated that they did not tell her from Legacy Children's that they had transferred us. So all is much better for me now. Sigh!

The plan is to keep Chloe on IV antibiotics all day today and to check her bloodwork at 5am tomorrow morning and if the infection numbers come down alot they will probably take out the tube and let us go home.

Thanks to Chloe's cousin Travis and his 5 boys for coming to see Chloe last night. The brought so many cool things and a lot of balloons. It was fun to see them and we all went to the play room and played for a little bit. They are all so cute.

Thanks to the Balsleys for picking up Bailey's prescription while I am here and Mark had a client meeting. Thanks to Ann Warren for picking up Faith and making my family dinner tonight. Thanks to Dad who had to make the brownies for the Valentines party for Faith. I wonder if they turned out good :)

Also, I am thankful to God for getting us the answers we wanted quickly today.

3 comments:

  1. the brownies turned out good, but dad was "too tired" so i had to make the brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey now -- I stirred the ingredients, poured it in to the dish, cooked them and then took them out of the oven. I should get some credit for my efforts.

    ReplyDelete